Khachapuri dinner on the farm.
The brick oven dinner experience.
First a hands on workshop: learn to build a brick oven perfect for your backyard. Then enjoy the fruits of your labor by cooking farm fresh ingredients in it! Fresh khachapuri, locally brewed ferments paired with the dinner, and new friends that share your love of real food and local farms.
It's time for a date night or just treat yourself!
Chef Steve from Field and Forage is going to be teaching it all to us and treating us to a taste bud journey.
Brick oven workshop and dinner
Learn how to dry stack a brick oven, taste farm fresh food, and sample artisan ferments.
Registraton Starts Now!
The plans for the evening:
Learn how to make a woodfire brick oven.
We'll work together to make a simple dry stacked brick oven, so you can go home and build your own in just a few hours!
Not sure you'll remember all the steps? Don't worry we've got you covered.
- We'll send you home with step by step plans
- Access to a video from the evening on how to build it.
- A brick oven cookbook and best practices
- Plus, a chance to buy the brackets you need to build your own for a small fee.
Gourmet dinner from
Enjoy an elegant wood oven cooked meal with ingredients sourced right from Schoolhouse Farm and neighboring farmers.
Full course seasonal meal:
- Garden fresh salad
- khachapuri - aka Georgian pizza pie. farm fresh toppings
- Seasonal sides - from the farm
- Flight of fresh artisan ferments
- a wood-fired dessert
Prepared by a talented local chef
Field & Forage is collaborating with us to prepare this amazing meal from fresh local ingredients, harvested just hours before we'll eat them--it doesn't get any more local, fresh OR nutritious!
We will be on hand to answer questions about each ingredient, share ways to grow your own, and even have some plants to share!
All this while learning straight from a chef how to prepare foods using this simple oven, simple healthful ingredients, and enjoying a little community time.
Experience an amazing dinner on the farm
- Learning ow to build a brick oven in your own backyard using items from your local DIY shop.
How to bake the perfect khachapuri in your own home brick oven.
Avoid common brick oven baking mistakes while learning how to harness the perfect flame.
- Enjoy farm fresh ingredients and meet the plants and animals that provide them.
- enjoy local artisan herbal ferments
- Ask questions about growing, harvesting and preparing each food.
Who is Schoolhouse Farm?
We are a small scale homestead that believes the best way to help the world is to give them hope in self-sufficiency.
We teach adults and kids how to grow their own food, homeschool, and use natural medicine.
We belive the most powerful way to live is to work with nature. AND we love teaching others about permaculture, regenerative agriculture, and small scale farming.
Join us for a workshop in person and follow us online. We would love for you to become a part of The Schoolhouse Life.